Last year, we discussed the major differences between the 2018 Accord Touring and Mercedes C 300. This year, with the introduction of a new Accord, we thought we’d get both cars back in the ring for a rematch. Does the 2019 Accord Touring 2.0T have what it takes to KO the luxury C-Class sedan again?
Honda is to reliable as Mercedes is to luxury—this is a truth we’ve been force-fed for years. It’s just common knowledge that the Mercedes-Benz insignia means unsurpassed quality, right? Not so fast. Take a peek at the 2019 Honda Accord Touring 2.0T, and you may very well question everything you’ve been told about luxury cars. The Accord Touring is cheaper than the base C-Class C 300, includes more standard features, and has that je ne sais quoi factor we all want in a luxury sedan.
Accord Touring vs. C 300: Price
A fully dressed Accord Touring looks the part of a luxury car, but you’d be surprised at how much more affordable it is. Compared to the base Mercedes C 300’s $41,400 MSRP, the all-new Accord Touring 2.0T is nearly $5,500 more affordable. With comparable trappings added to the Benz, the Accord offers 850,000 pennies’ – or $8,500 – worth of flat-out savings.
And that’s not even including the extra costs associated with insuring, maintaining, and repairing a Mercedes-Benz! (As an added bonus to choosing the Accord Touring, Honda’s 60-month/60,000-mile powertrain warranty beats Mercedes’s 48-month/50,000-mile warranty, too.)
When the time comes to upgrade to a new ride, the Accord Touring will put more cash in your pocket, as well. Five-year resale values for all Honda models, including the Accord, are far above the national average; luxury cars like the Mercedes C-Class, on the other hand, depreciate considerably more over the same period.
Accord Touring vs. C 300: Passenger & Cargo Room
Because the 2019 Mercedes C-Class C 300 is only a refreshed model, its cargo volume (12.6 cubic feet) passenger volume (88.2 cubic feet) remain the same as last model’s. #sadface.
The longer and wider Accord Touring also carries over last year’s splendid space specs. Passenger volume levels out at 102.7 cubes, max cargo volume is a class-leading 16.7 cubic feet, and there’s a great deal more headroom and legroom than what’s offered in the C 300. Don’t fix what ain’t broken.
Accord Touring vs. C 300: Features
Luxury car, luxury features: that’s what you expect when you purchase a Mercedes-Benz. But why pay more for those luxury features when you can get them for less in a decked-out, range-topping Accord 2.0T? Features standard in the Accord Touring yet unavailable or optional in the C 300 include:
- Front and Rear Electronic Parking Aid with Ultrasonic Sensors – Never hit a mailbox or shopping cart again!
- Navigation with Real-time Traffic and Voice Activation – You’d have to upgrade your C 300 to add a comparable GPS system (COMAND Navigation with TomTom).
- Satellite Radio – The Accord and C 300 have Bluetooth and Android Auto and Apple CarPlay integration. However, the Accord Touring is the only car to include standard satellite radio.
- Wireless Phone Charger – A 2019 luxury sedan should include a Qi wireless charging station, but the Mercedes C-Class doesn’t come standard with one.
- Heated Front Leather Seats – The entry C-Class sedan doesn’t come with heated front seats, leather or otherwise.
- Head-Up Display (HUD) – Like the 2018 models, it’s the new Accord that comes standard with a HUD to keep your sightline free of distractions.
- Mobile Wi-Fi Hotspot – Always be connected in the Accord Touring with Wi-Fi provided by your AT&T data plan.
- Blind Spot Monitoring – Blind Spot Assist is optional on the Mercedes C 300, while Honda’s Blind Spot Information System with Cross Traffic Monitor is on every Accord Touring.
In fact, the 2019 Mercedes C-Class 300 is void of many vital safety systems and features. Where’s the standard lane-keeping assist and adaptive cruise control? Automatic high-beam headlights? Traffic sign recognition? The 2019 Accord Touring 2.0T comes with the entire Honda Sensing suite, which includes all those important safety features. You’d have to spend thousands to comparably equip a C 300.
Just because that grille has a Mercedes-Benz crest doesn’t necessarily mean it’s a better purchase. Don’t settle for the status quo. Be your own you by choosing the Accord Touring over the Mercedes C 300.
To get behind the wheel of a fully equipped 2019 Accord Touring, simply locate a Honda dealer near you. If you happen to reside near the sunny beaches in Miami or Fort Lauderdale, see your way to one of our South Florida Honda dealerships. With various locations in the area, we guarantee you’ll have no trouble finding your perfect new Accord in South Florida. So, request a quote online, browse our current Honda Accord lease offers, and let’s buck this “luxury car” trend.
Sources & Photos: