Vehicle manufacturers across the globe showcased their up-and-coming projects at this year’s North American International Auto Show in Detroit, and there was one clear winner of the bunch: Honda. By the week’s end, Honda not only unveiled its newest 2018 vehicle to ravenous applause, but they were also honored with one of the industry’s most prestigious annual awards. In case you missed out on the exciting Honda news coming out of Detroit, here are the highlights.
Honda Ridgeline Wins North American Truck of the Year Award
For over 20 years, the North American Car, Truck and Utility Vehicle of the Year Awards have rewarded only the very best vehicles with top honors. For 2017, the Honda Ridgeline has earned its place at the top as the newly appointed North American Truck of the Year. Garnering more than half the vote—jurors judged and graded dozens of new trucks, including the Ford F-Series and Nissan Titan—the 2017 Ridgeline is soaring high on its win just a year after the 2016 Honda Civic came home with Car of the Year accolades. In sports, that’s called a “win streak.”
The 2017 Ridgeline was handed this prestigious award for its impeccable engineering and convenient driver-focused features. Built around a car-like chassis, the second-gen Ridgeline did away with the traditional body-frame structure, which results in a silky smooth ride. Sticking with the car theme, the Ridgeline also utilizes a convenient storage bin that’s hidden in the truck bed, almost like a trunk. And its double-hinged tailgate should be the standard in all future pickups.
If you’re looking for a lightweight pickup, you’ll do no better than the 2017 Honda Ridgeline, which is available right now at your closest South Florida Honda Dealers near Boca Raton, FL.
2018 Honda Odyssey Revealed
Also thrown to the masses at the Detroit Auto Show was the upcoming Honda Odyssey, a top-selling minivan that needs little introduction.
New to the Odyssey in 2018 will be a segment-first 10-speed transmission, which should ramp up the minivan’s spiritedness (as should the new V6 and its 280 horsepower). What makes this reveal truly riveting are the new cabin features.
- Social Play – Family members can be added to the Social Play network, allowing them to control the vehicle’s music playlist.
- CabinWatch – A rear-facing camera allows you to keep a cautious eye on the kids. This camera system turns into KITT when it gets dark by going into night-vision mode.
- CabinTalk – Along with CabinWatch, this system gives the driver control of a cabin-wide communication system, much like an intercom. It even works with connected rear-entertainment earbuds.
- CabinControl – The 2018 Odyssey can be operated with an app to control heating, cooling, and the entertainment system in the rear. It can even deliver directions to the navigation system.
- Magic Slide Seats – Second-row seating in the new Odyssey are like a parent’s dream come true. The middle seat can be removed or slid forward. When set in “Wide” mode, the bookend seats can be spaced further apart. Then there’s “Buddy” mode, which pushes the outboard seats closely
The addition of these new features and tech will certainly put the Odyssey in the running for its own set of awards come 2018.
Test a Ridgeline or Odyssey at South Florida Honda Dealers
Although you’ll have to wait until spring to see the 2018 Odyssey, the newest 2016 and 2017 minivans are right here at our car dealerships near West Palm Beach, FL. Whether you’re interested in a convenient people-hauler or an award-winning pickup, the Odyssey and Ridgeline won’t disappoint. Find your nearest South Florida Honda Dealers location today, and we’ll hand you the keys to your new Honda. We have Honda dealerships in Miami, Boca Raton, Fort Lauderdale, and many other areas in South Florida.