Oh, you expected a full log of details on what makes the new 2019 Ridgeline—with its Dual Action Tailgate, in-bed audio system, and secret trunk—the perfect summer truck? I guess we can do that. Here are a few reasons to invest in the new Honda Ridgeline in South Florida before soaking up the summer sun at Pompano Beach.
New Ridgeline Features
Although largely unchanged—the 2019 Ridgeline is mostly carried over from the 2018 model—the newest Honda Ridgeline does come with a couple minor albeit useful updates:
- The Ridgeline RT, Sport, and TRL trims include a second USB charging port. This extra perk was reserved for the range-topping trims last year.
- RTL and RTL-T models now feature a power-sliding rear window and moonroof. (Ah! The stars!)
Honda’s motto when it comes to the Ridgeline: If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it. In fact, with the Ridgeline being one of Honda’s best-selling vehicles, that logic holds true. However, we wouldn’t be surprised to see the 2020 Ridgeline make significant changes. Only time will tell.
As Versatile as Ever
Unique in its class, the Ridgeline’s foundation continues to be its unibody platform, which it shares with the Honda Pilot. This gives the Ridgeline its intriguing appearance, while also bolstering its ability to subdue those bumpy and pothole-riddled roads.
But as unconventional as the Ridgeline may appear, it’s a truck that doesn’t lack versatility. Particularly useful here in Miami, the 2019 Honda Ridgeline’s wide bed is awe-inspiring, offering more of just about everything when compared to its rivals, including:
- Enough space (33.9 cu. ft.) to store 4-foot-wide plywood or haul surfboards (with bed extender).
- Maximum payload of 1500 pounds.
- Maximum AWD towing of 5000 pounds.
- Exclusive Dual Action Tailgate swings down or out, providing easy access to cargo.
- Class-first In-Bed Trunk, which provides 7.3 cubic feet of storage, is lockable, and can be transformed into an impromptu cooler thanks to a convenient drain plug.
- Available 115V power outlet built directly into the wall of the bed.
- Industry’s first Truck Bed Audio System that can be operated via app or within the cabin.
Better even is the 2019 Ridgeline’s cabin, which puts some “top of the line” cars to shame. Inside you’ll find:
- Eight-inch touchscreen display
- Dynamic, vibrant instrument cluster
- Deep center storage console with rollover cover and sliding device tray
- Class-leading passenger volume (109.7 cu. ft.)
- Tri-Zone Auto Climate Control
- Power & memory seats
- Rear flat-load storage area
- Two USB ports and AUX input
This mix of truck capabilities with SUV-like styling and sedan-quality comfort makes for a breath of fresh air in a stiflingly stuffy pickup market.
Build Your New 2019 Ridgeline in Miami
Before breaking out the sunscreen and swimsuits for the season, ensure you’ve got all the must-haves ticked off the summer checklist, including your vehicle. Visit one of our South Florida Honda Dealers in the tri-county areas including Miami, North Miami Beach, Florida City and more. We also have Honda dealerships near Davie FL, Fort Lauderdale FL, and Coral Springs FL. Simply find the location closest to you and come in to test drive this year’s ultimate summertime truck: the 2019 Honda Ridgeline. Request a quote online, browse our seasonal Honda special offers, and get ready for the sand!
Sources & Photos: