Like Honda vehicles, communities have thousands of integral pieces working in unison to accomplish a singular goal: to excel. But to truly shine, a community’s wellbeing starts with its ability to nurture, mentor, and support the young minds within its flock. Because those communities harbor the brilliant minds of tomorrow. At Honda, we share those same values, which is why we are privileged to support our local charities, non-profits, and organizations in any way possible.
Each year, the Honda community-conscious foundations—the American Honda Foundation (AHF), Honda of America Mfg. Foundation, and Honda Canada Foundation—provide assistance, time, and money to hundreds of organizations around the country, including some right in the backyard of our car dealerships near Coral Springs, FL. Here are a few Honda community programs that the company has sponsored, established, and praised over the years.
Honda Classic Cares in West Palm Beach
Held in beautiful Palm Beach County, the Honda Classic Cares tournament enlisted the help of golf pros and A-list celebs to benefit the Children’s Healthcare Charity of South Florida. The golf tourney raised millions to support future events and medical advancements that help support the diagnosis, treatment, and prevention of childhood diseases.
Honda Community Environmental Support
Honda’s philanthropy extends way past city borders with its environmental volunteerism. Starting here in Miami, the American Honda Foundation supported carrfour.org in its agenda to empower our youth to care for our environment. At Carrfour, affordable housing is provided to Miami’s homeless families, as well as educational programs about composting, farming, and gardening.
STEM Education Programs
The aim of STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Math) education embodies what Honda values most. By educating children to analyze, criticize, and hypothesize, the future looks as bright as ever. With a number of donations, grants, scholarships, and additional programs, Honda stands fully behind STEM. The following are some local projects and organizations that Honda sponsors.
- The Children’s Museum of Indianapolis – With a circulating selection of activities, exhibits, and classes, the Children’s Museum engages kids of all ages.
- Imagination Station in Toledo, OH – Like the Children’s Museum in Indianapolis, the Imagination Station allows children to have fun with science in a pseudo-classroom environment.
- Building Educated Leaders for Life (BELL) – BELL seeks to bring the classroom to low-income communities so that every child has the opportunity to
- Read Across America – For eight years, Honda MFG of Alabama has participated in donating and reading books at elementary schools in their community.
Eagle Rock School
Opening their doors in ’93, Eagle Rock was funded solely by Honda. Its mission? To educate the underserved within their Colorado communities by providing a classroom that embraces unique teaching methods.
Team Honda Week of Service
North American Honda teams took part in its first-ever Week of Service in the summer of 2016, enlisting the help of nearly 15,000 volunteers to man the guns.
- Associates from Honda of South Carolina Mfg. became volunteers at the Florence County Senior Center, serving meals to the elderly and their families.
- Virginia Beach’s Hall Acura showed their support by setting up and participating in the local events hosted by the Love & Caring for the Homeless non-profit.
- Cooper Standard in Detroit sent hundreds of volunteers to renovate and refresh vacant lots, transforming them into gardens and playgrounds.
- In Sidney, Ohio, Honda helped repaint the Agape Distribution Center, a charitable corporation that donates food and aid to people in need.
Along with volunteers from over 300 dealerships and 75 suppliers, Honda made their Week of Service event a success. What’s in store for 2017? We’ll have to wait and see, but if there’s one thing that’s certain, it’s that Honda is passionate about its neighbors and children. So yes, 2017 should be a great year for each Honda community.
Invest Locally with South Florida Honda Dealers
If you need to buy a new or used car in Miami, Ft. Lauderdale, or the surrounding SWFL area, come to South Florida Honda Dealers. We are as committed to our customers as Honda is to their communities. Locate your closest South Florida Honda Dealers near Fr. Lauderdale, FL, today, and make sure to ask about any of our current specials, deals, or incentives!