Buying a car is a big decision. It’s probably one of the most significant and expensive decisions you’ll make. So it’s important to get it right. There are many things you must consider when setting out to purchase a car. One of the key questions you should ask yourself is: “Should I buy a new car or a used car?”
Making the decision to buy new or used really comes down to a matter of lifestyle and budget. What car best suits your needs? How much are you prepared to spend? Are the latest features and gadgets important to you? Or do you want more basic transportation that is reliable and easy to maintain?
Your South Florida Honda Dealers have hundreds of new Honda vehicles, used cars, and Certified Pre-Owned Honda vehicles in South Florida. With so many quality vehicles to choose from, we’ve broken down some of the main differences between buying a new car versus buying a used car to help you make the decision that’s right for you. Regardless of what choice you make, the sales professionals at our Honda dealerships in Pompano Beach and up and down the South Florida coast will help guide you toward making the correct vehicle purchase.
Why You Should Buy a New Car
- You’ll Get The New Car Warranty – While many used cars come with a limited warranty, or you can purchase a warranty at an additional charge, buying a new car assures you that you are getting the benefits of the full new car factory warranty.
- You’ll Pay Less To Finance – Most banks and lending institutions look at the car’s value to determine how much you’ll pay to finance it. A new car from your South Florida Honda Dealers is generally easier to finance because the banks are financing a new vehicle that will hold its value longer.
- It’s Your Car Right From The Start – There’s something about being the first to buy something new. Nobody else has driven your new car and that intoxicating “new car smell” is just for you. You also don’t have to worry about your car coming with any hidden problems from previous owners.
- You Can Have It Your Way – In the unlikely event you can’t find a new Honda at one of our Honda dealerships near Miami that exactly suits your tastes, you can order one that has everything you desire.
- You’ll Have The Most Advanced Safety Features – Many of today’s new 2016 Hondas come equipped with Honda Sensing™, some of the most advanced active safety features you can buy. You won’t find some of these features on some older used car models.
- You’ll Get the Latest In High Tech – Connecting to today’s high-tech world is a must-have for many car buyers. When you buy a new 2016 Honda, you’re getting some of the latest “infotainment” technology around, including Bluetooth® Streaming Audio, USB ports, and HondaLink™, and exclusive app that brings your smartphone’s capabilities to your Honda’s 7-inch touchscreen display. You may not get these many new technology features in an older car.
- You’ll Get Better Performance & Fuel Economy – Each year, automakers such as Honda are pushing the boundaries of performance and fuel efficiency, creating powertrains that offer excellent performance without sacrificing fuel economy. Case in point is the Honda Accord Hybrid, which gets an EPA-estimated 50 highway mpg while still achieving spirited performance.
Why You Should Buy a Used Car
- You’ll Have More Choices – Our Honda dealerships in South Florida have a vast selection of premium quality pre-owned vehicles at a variety of price points to suit your particular budget and lifestyle needs. You can visit the website of the South Florida Honda Dealer nearest you and shop their used car inventory online.
- You’ll Pay Less To Register A Used Car – Florida bases vehicle registration fees on the type of vehicle and the year. You could, therefore, save money on your registration fees when buying a used car, due to its age vs. a brand new car.
- A Used Car Is Already Broken In – Most pre-owned vehicles, even the best of the bunch, have some cosmetic imperfections. So you won’t have to worry about getting that first paint chip or parking lot door ding.
- You’ll Pay Less For A Used Car – The biggest incentive of buying used is that you’ll pay a lot less for a pre-owned car. With our Honda Certified Pre-Owned vehicles in South Florida, you can get a car that’s a couple of years old but still in “like-new” condition with a great warranty, often for thousands less than you would pay for a new car.
- Your Insurance Will Be Less– For the most part, used cars cost less to insure. But check with your insurance company first before you buy to determine just how much you may save.
- A Used Car Is Already Depreciated – The moment you drive your brand-new car off of the lot it begins to lose value. However, when you purchase a used car, the previous owner has already absorbed most of the vehicle’s depreciation.
Make The Right Choice At Your South Florida Honda Dealers
Whether you’re looking for new Honda cars or used cars for sale in South Florida, your Honda Dealers near Miami and Ft. Lauderdale will help you make the choice that’s right for you. Click here to find a South Florida Honda Dealer conveniently located near you.