July is almost here, which means it’s time to load up the Ridgeline, lather up the sunscreen, and cool off at a local pool! This summer break, escape the beach crowds and treat the kids to a splashtastic few months at some of South Florida’s best public splash pads and water parks. Here’s a (nearly) complete list of the top Miami-area hotspots to cool off with the family this summer.
- James Archer Smith Park (Homestead, FL) – This Homestead splash pad is surrounded by walking paths, pavilions, a dog park, kid’s playgrounds, and picnic areas.
- Founders Park Splash Pad (Aventura, FL) – As one of the best water playgrounds in Florida, Founders Park Splash Pad is free for Aventura residents and features everything your little one’s heart desires! There are several aquatic play structures and jungle gyms, fountains, zero-depth kid’s pools, and much more.
- Catherine Strong Splash Park (Delray Beach, FL) – Families from all over the Delray Beach area visit Catherine Strong Park for the splash pad, beach playgrounds, tennis courts, and baseball fields.
- Pirates Cove Playground (Boca Raton, FL) – Located within Patch Reef Park, this Boca Raton aqua playground is a great summertime option for younger kids. Where else can they shoot water out of cannons from a gigantic pirate ship? Before heading home, they can dry off on the sling swing.
- Calypso Bay Waterpark (Royal Palm Beach, FL) – Entire afternoons have been lost at Calypso Bay! Home to a duo of four-story water slides, a lazy river, sunbathing patios, and a lap pool with diving boards, this Palm Beach waterpark makes for a perfect summer day-cation for the entire family.
- Lake Lytal (West Palm Beach, FL) – Numerous waterslides adorn this family aquatic center, as does a 50-meter pool and an awesome children’s aquatic play structure. You can even rent the pool for birthday parties!
- Pioneer Park (Belle Glade, FL) – Pioneer Park offers a couple water slides, tipping buckets, and fountains for kids to splash around in. You can also sign children up for summer swimming classes.
- Coconut Grove Waterpark (Boca Raton, FL) – Rent a locker because you’ll be here a while. As Boca Raton’s premier waterpark, Coconut Grove features several tall water slides, a large pool, 900-foot-long river ride, and a unique “lily pad walk.”
- John Prince Park (Lake Worth, FL) – In addition to the splash pad, there is tons to do at this family-friendly park. Bring the doggies to the dog park, fish off the pier, kayak on Square Lake—seriously, you can’t get bored here.
- Westgate Park (W. Palm Beach, FL) – Shoot hoops, kick around a soccer ball, or get soaked at this Palm Beach splashpark.
- McDonald Water Park (Hialeah, FL) – Enjoy lunch at McDonald Water Park, then let the kids frolic around in the wave pool or underneath the waterfall—all while you lounge on the lazy river.
- Rapids Water Park (Riviera Beach, FL) – Get your thrill on at this Riviera Beach water park. Plunge straight down the Brain Drain, fly through the darkened tunnels inside Big Thunder, or bodyboard on FlowRider. If you’d rather not lose your lunch, Rapids also has several family and kids rides.
- Splash Adventure Water Park (Deerfield Beach, FL) – Open on weekends, Splash Adventure has a full water playground complete with water slides, splash buckets, tunnels, hoses, and water curtains. Give your newborn his first adventure in the water as this pool is only 12 inches deep.
- Osswald Park Splashpad (Ft. Lauderdale, FL) – The gorgeous Osswald Park Splashpad is made even more beautiful with its 3-hole golf course, racquetball courts, soccer fields, and much more.
- Castaway Island Water Park (Hollywood, FL) – Recently renovated, Castaway Island Water Park has two large water play areas, climbing walls, a zero-entry Swim Lagoon, waterfalls, and slides that exit onto an enormous playground.
- Grapeland Water Park (Miami, FL) – Search for buried underwater treasure on Shipwreck Island. Walk the plank on Pirate’s Plunge. Float through Buccaneer River Ride. Or just kick back and relax at Captain’s Lagoon. You’ll never waste a minute at this Miami water park.
Did we miss any noteworthy cool-down destinations in Miami? There are dozens of local Florida splash pads and water parks out there, so leave us a comment and let us know your favorites. And if you need a family vehicle to make summer a little more bearable, check out the selection at one of our South Florida Honda Dealers. We have incredible summer Honda deals on everything from the new Odyssey and CR-V to the Honda Ridgeline. We have dealerships in the tri-county area including Miami, FL all the way up to West Palm Beach, FL. Visit us today!