Vacation time in Florida is ideal with the sunshine, beaches, and tourist parks. In case you were looking for something close by, your local South Florida Honda Dealers have compiled eight possibilities.
- The Butterfly Capital of the World, Coconut Creek, showcases over 50 species at Butterfly World, which your kids will love. The “World’s Largest Butterfly Aviary” houses over 20,000 live beauties from every part of the world. However, you’ll want to leave the youngsters at home when you try your luck at Seminole Casino. The joint tempts you with slots, live tables, and computerized gambling. You can also catch live shows seven nights a week.
- Indulge in your family’s love of all things natural at Coral Springs. The Sawgrass Nature Center and Wildlife Hospital care for sick, hurt or orphaned wildlife, especially those found in urban areas. When your children want to explore, take them to the Tall Cypress Natural Area. Its 2,100 feet of the wooden boardwalk surrounded by 65 plus acres of Cypress, Red Maple, and Sable Palm, among other trees.
- The small-town vibe of Davie comes with Florida’s “Most Fun Greens” at the Davie Golf Club. You can get around the four sets of tees and 18 holes using the innovative Golf Board. This motorized wonder combines a golf cart with a surfboard, skateboard, and snowboard.
- Yes, you can enjoy our South Florida beaches without the crowds by relaxing at Deerfield Beach. It gained the “Blue Wave” award from the Clean Beach Council for its superb water quality. You’ll still get a full slate of waterside activities, especially if you go to Splash Adventure at Quiet Water Park. This fun zone features one of the longest “cable ski” courses in the USA.
- The biggest and boldest of your vacation choices belong to Fort Lauderdale. If you have never set foot on this 23 miles of beachfront, you’ll celebrate the gourmet restaurants, world-class art scene, lively nightlife, and extensive shopping. Revelers descend on the city during Spring Break, but other annual events attract attention. They include the Las Olas Art Festival with over 350 artists, the Lauderdale Air Show for aircraft aficionados, and the Orchid Show, a perennial favorite since 1957.
- The Hollywood Beach Broadwalk could be one of America’s best-kept secrets. It excites with a clean beach and top-rated restaurants. Consider tearing yourself from this paved 2.5 miles to enjoy the galleries and other creative businesses that dot the historic downtown. You’ll admire the biggest canvases on over 20 outdoor murals that decorate the exterior walls of the buildings.
- When you want to cast your line into the Atlantic, head for the 1,000-foot municipal fishing pier at Pompano Beach. If you’d prefer to do it from the deck of a boat, you’ll find many marinas and rental facilities. Under the water, an offshore living coral reef demands a visit if you’ve got snorkel or scuba gear.
- Located right next to the vast expanse of the Everglades National Park, Weston acts as a convenient jumping off point. Airboat operators like Ride the Wind will grant you up-close encounters with alligators, fish, birds, and other wildlife. When you’re ready to chill after a day of adventuring, head for the Bonaventure Resort, which features a 45,000-square-foot destination spa.
Need a way to reach these fields of fun? Then grab your next ride from your local South Florida Honda Dealer.