Although we’re just a group of Honda dealers serving Miami, we’re pretty sure that we can recognize a party when we see it. And with our perfect 20/20 vision, we know that there’s no better partying time than the Fifth of May. Plan on heading to any of these 2018 Cinco de Mayo events around Miami, FL, or you may just regret missing out on the year’s biggest fiesta.
Cinco de Mayo Brickell
As the self-proclaimed largest Cinco de Mayo celebration in South Florida, Cinco de Mayo Brickell brings in tens of thousands of tourists and Miami locals each May 5th—and 2018’s festival should be no different. DJs will spin Top 40 hits, cocktails will be poured to the brim, and the dance floor will be packed. This year, Cinco de Mayo Brickell’s fiesta kicks off at their new Miami beachfront location, too, so bring along a bathing suit and a sombrero!
Grab your tickets at www.cincodemayobrickell.com for just $15 a pop, or break out a crisp $20 at the “door” on Saturday, May 5.
Cinco de Mayo Sunset Kayak Adventure
Hosted by Fort Lauderdale’s Blue Moon Outdoor Adventures, this Cinco de Mayo kayak tour will have you paddling the evening away. As the sun sets over the western Intracoastal docks, you’ll have every opportunity to lay back and snap a photo or two (or twenty). If you want to get away from the fiesta-ing crowd, this Ft. Lauderdale Cinco de Mayo activity should fit your style well.
Held between 6:00 and 8:00 PM at the George English Park, Blue Moon’s kayak adventure is just $50 per person. Don’t miss out!
Cinco de Derby 2018
Not only is May 5, 2018, a celebration to commemorate Mexico’s victory over the French in the 19th century, it also happens to be Kentucky Derby! Instead of driving to Churchill Downs, head north of Delray Beach to Revelry in Lake Worth, FL, for a unique mish-mash of both annual traditions. There, you’ll find a 10-foot screen that will project the Kentucky Derby live, as well as $5 Cinco de Mayo drink specials.
RSVP for free on Revelry’s Facebook page, and be sure to design your Kentucky Derby sombrero in advance. You don’t want to be the only one without an appropriate costume, do you?
Fort Lauderdale Air Show
Although not technically a Florida Cinco de Mayo event, the Fort Lauderdale Air Show will leave you wanting mas on May 5. Headlined by a squadron of U.S. Thunderbirds, the Air Show will also feature a demonstration of the enormous C-17 GlobeMaster III—seriously, this cargo plane is ridiculous—and its 170,000-pound payload, skywriting by GEICO Skytypers, and a demo performed by the U.S. Coast Guard Search and Rescue crew.
Watch the show from the deck of your boat, the Flight Line Club area, or on “Drop Zone Beach” (aka. Fort Lauderdale Beach). Tickets start at just under $30 and can be purchased at fortlauderdaleairshow.com.
Local Miami Cinco de Mayo Specials
Of course, you could always just venture into your local Miami Mexican restaurant for spectacular Cinco de Mayo fun and (probably) specials on margaritas. Here are a few South Florida restaurants and bars hosting their own holiday festivities and bar crawls:
- Tijuana Taxi Co – Their Cinco de Mayo Block Party in Coral Springs, FL, will feature tacos, tequila, margaritas, and much more.
- Wynwood Bar Crawl – Hosted by SHOTS Miami, this Cinco de Mayo bar crawl runs through more than 7 Miami bars throughout the day, and tickets are just $15 per person.
- Live Reggae at Fritz and Franz – This Coral Gables, FL, “bierhaus” will celebrate Cinco de Mayo with Luna Live Band at 9:00 PM. No registration is needed, but you’ll still need to get there!
- Drinkhouse Fire and Ice – Miami’s only ice bar rings in Cinco de Mayo with a special “Tequila + Mezcal Tasting” event. Grab your tickets online to reserve a spot.
- Las Rosas – With live performances by Left-Handed Jacket, Firstworld, and others, Las Rosas in Miami will be off the chain on May 5. Don’t forget to bring your best Burt Reynolds impression to win the Best Mustache competition.
And if you’re in need of a new ride this spring, be sure to check out the selection and special offers at our Miami Honda dealerships. All May, you’ll find that our South Florida Honda Dealers will have bargains on everything from the 2018 Accord to used CR-Vs to many other certified pre-owned Honda models.
Oh, and celebrate Cinco de Mayo safely!
Sources & Photos: